03 July 2009

Where For Art Thou, GS?

"They" let me down yesterday. I will certainly have to brush up on my soothsaying skills I guess.

The employment numbers and the market reaction (a 2 standard deviation move down) must raise the specter of a continuation of the bear market. Most of the credible experts (those that predicted the whole mess in the first place) are incredulous at the up move since March and believe the market should be much lower.

I agree. So when where will the market be manipulated next?

For me, I couldn't give a crap, just don't get there too fast so I can hedge my deltas. VIX ticked up a couple of %, a solid, but not fearful move, so I'm not worried about fast markets... yet, but I don't think we've seen the last of fast down markets.

Disclaimer: I'm delta neutral on the indices.




No comments: